Thursday, September 17, 2009

Bambi

Call the Fab 5, this place needs a makeover! I was walking upstairs on my way to class at one of my locals schools and found a glass case standing about 4 or so feet high with a light wooden frame sitting in the hallway. The case was by no means placed as to draw copious amounts of attention, but it was not hidden either. What was in the case you ask; a full sized stuffed deer! I have no idea who killed it, when, where, with what (being as it is nearly impossible to get a gun in Japan), or why they put it in the top floor of a school, but it was quite a shock. I began to wonder what other dead animals had been stuffed, mounted, and put on display at civic buildings around Sado. I’m not really an expert on this sort of thing, but I highly doubt that Bambi in glass case fits in with the idea of feng shui.

No comments:

Post a Comment