Thursday, October 15, 2009

Halloween Lessons

Most of my schools started to ask me to prepare Halloween lessons at the beginning of this month. Because I only meet with most schools twice a month, several of them are getting Halloween a bit early. One was this week in fact.
The kids were really excited to get to learn about Halloween. Some of the vocabulary (Jack-o-Lantern, Witch, Vampire) was a little hard for them to do at first (I got Bampire a lot that day) but most of them got a hold of it. It also became school policy for the day to jump out from corners and try to scare me. Some of these little guys are about 2 feet below my eye line so this was not hard to pull off. My favorite part was the one class that dressed up. Black Cat was the most popular with black paper tails and cat ears being the costume of choice. A few kids draped black garbage bags over themselves to complete the look. The one that confused me the most was the kid who was only wearing a garbage bag. He was simply wearing a black garbage bag with eye slits cut out in the front. I asked him what he was and he informed me he was a vampire. I will proudly admit that I watched Buffy the Vampire Slayer back in the day (Who else missed the WB?) and I never saw Buffy take on the Glad-Bag Vampire. All in all, the day was pretty fun. I am sure getting them back on their regular lessons will be near impossible after this.

No comments:

Post a Comment