Tuesday, October 6, 2009

I have been brainwashed

I was watching the movie Fear and Loathing in Las
Vegas
yesterday, and I had a bit of an awakening. I will admit, as will anyone who has seen the film, that this movie is not a good place to find any kind of enlightenment, but nevertheless, I did.
As Johnny Depp`s character was speeding down a Nevada highway while on massive amounts of drugs I decided to have a chuckle over the fact that he was driving on the right side of the road. “MAN! He is so blitzed out he is driving on the wrong side of the road” I thought. Then the awakening happened. I slowly remembered that in the US of A people are still legally encouraged to drive on the right side of the road. It seems that driving on the left side of the road in Japan these past 2 months has helped me forget that little legal fact that I spent 6 years abiding by back home. Further, I sadly realized that although Mr.Depp`s character had taken enough cocaine to kill a small horse, he was still in a better position to judge which side of the road to drive on than I was. A bit of advice: If you are feeling like you need to be taken down a peg, let a stoned out lunatic wearing a Hawaiian shirt and aviators correct you about basic driving safety. It`ll do the trick for sure. ; )

1 comment:

  1. hahaha, oh Phillip, you doubt my dear Johnny Depp? how could you do such a thing, blazed or not blazed?

    ReplyDelete