Monday, July 19, 2010

Things I WILL Miss About Japan

After living in a place for an entire year, you begin to realize that there are some things about your situation that are nearly perfect. Somethings about the day to day are just great. Life would almost be unthinkable without these things. Here are some of those things I have found while living in Japan.

First and foremost , the kindness of my students. Over the last week I have said goodbye to over 200 sweet young children who have made such an impact on me. From games to letters to speeches to flowers to chorus songs, they have truly made my last week here one to remember.
I am still not allowed to post pictures of my students due to Japanese law. (Insert angry shake of the fist here).

Living 5 minutes from the beach.


Japan has been called by some pop commentators "The Nation of Cute". If a 5 foot stuffed panda isn't enough evidence to support that claim then I don't know what you are looking for!


Being able to order raw beef dipped in a raw egg and not get stared at. Yes, this is on the "What I Will Miss" side : )

Being able to buy a plank of fresh salmon for less then $5.00!

Hiroshima Okonomiyaki. Gastronomic HEAVEN!!!

Living right around the corner from pieces of ancient history. History is a great part of what attracted me to Japan in the first place. Its richness and its depth still astound me to this day.

Nature is in such abundance here it almost baffles me.

Friends. Self-explanatory.
There are more things that I could post here but as another blogger once told me, "I am torn between spending my time living a blog worthy life and actually blogging about it".

1 comment:

  1. Hey, how are you?

    I am sorry I couldn't see your blog until now, and finally I found 2 things "you will miss" from Hiroshima or around me :)
    It is great honor :)

    I hope u will come back soon and visit us again!
    See you soon my brother!

    ReplyDelete