Monday, July 19, 2010

Things I Will Not Miss About Japan

In connection with my post "Things I Will Miss about Japan" I thought it only right to express both sides of my feelings about my home for the past year. As I said before, there are somethings in the day to day that are simply perfect, but there are other things in the day to day that make me wonder what they heck I got myself in to! Here are a few of those things.


My Kitchen! Let's just say we had our disagreements and I won few of them!


Peanut Butter should come in a dump truck size in every country!


Smoking never looks cooler or weirder than it is does in Japan. Gross either way!


My Car. This Daihatsu Move served its purpose, but I honestly believe I have Tonka Trucks with more horsepower than this thing.


Over the top fashion. I've been seeing Lady Gaga-esk fashion since I studied abroad in Tokyo 3 years ago and I'm still not used to it.


The Week Long Special Flavors of Soda. Why does any thing beside sweet red bean need to taste like sweet red bean? Not that this Coke drinker would ever blame Pepsi for tying to make there "soda" taste better.

Number 1: Winter! Niigata prefecture got more snow this year than it has in the last 26 years! This Georgia boy never quite got used to trekking through snow on his way to work.

Again, as I said in my prior and admittedly more positive post, I could post a few more little peeves here but I think I've sufficiently cover my major grievances. No place is perfect but this place was still my home and without these imperfections I can't promise that I would have enjoyed the perfections in the same manner.

1 comment:

  1. I love crazy flavours! I'm so hooked on KitKats. Don't know what I'll do when I can only get them in chocolate :(

    ReplyDelete